The History of the Bell and Tower
During the depression camp meeting had rough financial years and the bell was sold to a Petersburg farmer for $300. It was stored in his barn. 60 years later, in 1999, the farmer agreed to sell it back for $400. It is now mounted and on display near the museum.
The need for a bell was revived in 1948 and a bell tower was constructed. The city of Linwood presented a bell to be hung in the new tower. In 1998 Linwood officials wanted the bell back. They replaced it with the current bell which comes from an old town meeting hall in Dalmatia, PA. Louis DeBozier, an American bell craftsman made the bell before the turn of the century. In 1997 the bell tower that was constructed in 1948 was in serious need of repair.